Land is an NFT game card associated with (located on) a Planet. Land ownership is represented by ownership of the NFT game card. At Alien Worlds' inception, 3,343 land NFTs were created.
A land NFT defines modifiers which affect gameplay aspects such as:
- Time between mining calls
- Amount of Trilium that the land generates per mine
- Probability that user receives an NFT per mining call
Different parcels of land may attract different values (i.e., Trilium value) based on desirability.
Planets have a finite amount of land on them at inception.
Land owners can set a commission (which is the % of Trilium mining rewards the landowner receives).
Unsold land is owned by the Federation until bought.
Mining on unsold land (i.e., still owned by the Federation) has a default commission of 20%.
- This 20% commission is collected into The Land Fund which pays out to a user
upon the user opening a new Land pack
- This is to incentivise opening land packs rather than hoarding them, since land is
required for game play
There are 20 different types of land, each with its own attributes: