A new technological frontier
When Alien Worlds exploded onto the play-to-earn blockchain gaming scene in late 2020 with team-based gameplay, land and utility NFTs, and mining on “Planet DAOs”, it took off at a rate few could have imagined. Building on blockchain involves building on uncharted technological territory. Countless rounds of testing and experimentation are needed; a lot of troubleshooting, breakthroughs, and lessons are involved. Engineers and developers breathe new life into the unexplored and, through their journey, they make history and pave the way for others to follow.
Dacoco developers and engineers have worked tirelessly to tackle challenges encountered along this journey, whilst simultaneously enhancing the Alien Worlds game experience for players. The team recently completed a sizeable batch of updates and improvements–the most significant to date. The results are an elevated experience: synchronization across devices, improved dashboard features, better NFT management options, and faster login, loading, and navigation. All of these updates have also lessened the load on the blockchain, illustrating a dedication to continuing to learn and grow the Alien Worlds metaverse into a more prosperous and robust ecosystem.
Improvements to the metaverse
The cumulative results of these improvements include a significant lessening of the load on WAX, thanks to intelligently managed synchronization, as well as a roughly 40% reduction of load on all data feeds, such as Missions API, WAX history nodes, MetaMask API, and Atomic Assets API.
The improvements are too long to list them all. Therefore, the following is an abbreviated summary of updates and improvements to Alien Worlds Mining and Missions games, as well as general enhancements.
Release Date: Live now!
- Smoother mining and claiming process using multiple threads: individual parallel access to all elements of the game
- Multi-device (desktop and mobile) synchronization: mining cooldown and other settings are synced across all devices
- NFT state changes synced across platforms: any changes to equipped Tools, Land, mining actions, or other NFTs will be regularly synchronized with wallets across all connected devices
- Active visual style: selected items will now be visible in the menu
- For example “Switch Planet”, “Switch Tools,” and “Switch Land”
[GIF Missions Dashboard; action-sorting missions]
- Improved MetaMask account handling: added support for in-session detection of multiple wallets, changing of account or chain, and wallet connect or disconnect in the Missions game
- Improved sorting and data display: added sorting missions by status and time.
- Improved chain handling: Missions game running in a parallel process to prevent interfering with the rest of the interface.
- Enhanced MetaMask account management: simpler wallet handling prevents invalid MetaMask configuration from locking up the Mining game
- Redirect to initial URL after login: when a user follows a direct link but is not logged in, after logging in they will be redirected to the original link
- Increased speed of website login and page refresh: Access speeds doubled for WAX Cloud Wallet and MetaMask
- Handling of any broken links: When trying to access an unknown link, an error page will be shown to the user for 5 seconds. The user will then be redirected to the inventory.
- NFT Inventory Grouping: added functionality to group identical NFTs in all the inventory pages
- Faster NFT inventory for large collections: reduced loading times by 80X, enables managing thousands of items without slowing down the user experience
- Deep linking to all game pages. For example, a direct link to join a mission or share on socials: https://play.alienworlds.io/missions/953/join
- Persistent Sorting Filters: improved inventory sorting in Shining, Missions, etc is now persistent during the session
- 5X faster application and page initialization on every page
- Bug fixes and improvements in the inventory and sort-bar tool
- AI-assisted background synchronization: token balances and inventory contents in the Mining and Missions games are automatically retrieved in the most efficient way
What Explorers are saying
Since recently going live, Explorers have reported a smoother experience overall. One Explorer said “the looks and smoothness are far better than before” and there’s “no lag on changing from Tools to Lands.” Other Explorers report faster mining and claiming times.
Though these recent updates and enhancements are the product of months of work, the engineering team continues to grind on, making improvements, repairs, and upgrades whenever possible. Anticipated upcoming improvements include leaderboards to highlight player achievements. Improvements continue to be made to the new NFT Points system, as well.
Refining for the future
Every upgrade, enhancement, fix, and improvement is made with the intention of creating a frictionless Alien Worlds user experience and enabling further developments to be built atop a more efficient and fortified infrastructure. With all the upcoming features and developments, this can only mean increased awesomeness!
Alien Worlds Offers the Social Metaverse to Play, Create, Share and Thrive!
With more than 7.6 million players ever and more than 9 million plays per day (smart contract actions), Alien Worlds is consistently one of the top blockchain games on DappRadar ranking charts. Alien Worlds has inspired creators to create, share and thrive in the social metaverse. The Federation would like to thank all Explorers for making this possible.
About the Alien Worlds Social Metaverse
What would you do, if you could create anything in the world? Join the Alien Worlds simulation of Earth’s economy using the Trilium (TLM) game token. Seek your fortune and thrive in the Trilium and NFT Social Metaverse. Get started by traveling through the Wormhole at alienworlds.io and start Mining at https://play.alienworlds.io/ Welcome to Alien Worlds!
#play #create #share #thrive #Metaverse #NFTs #TLM #onamission
Play Alien Worlds
Get a Login to the Game: https://wallet.wax.io/
Play Alien Worlds Mining: https://play.alienworlds.io/
Play Alien Worlds Missions: https://play.alienworlds.io/missions
Register for Planetary Councilor: https://council.alienworlds.io/